Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

~Toki Mai~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: ~Toki Mai~   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:29 am

Toki Mai

Title: Ignition
Artist: *redjuice999
URL: http://redjuice999.deviantart.com/#/d2vpdnh

((my idea of Toki))
Spoiler:

Name: Toki Mai

Village: Suna
Clan: Puppet Master
Side Branch: Tool Manipulation (waiting to be approved)
Element: Wind
Squad: Leader: Akykyo
(Draiven, Junko, Rio, Toki)

Appearance: Toki appears to have a slender athletic build, as she trains daily. One would notice tiny scars along her fingertips, to suggest perhaps she works with ninja wire… Her eyes shine with an intelligence that seems all too much for her age; giving off an amber glow with hints of red similar to an Uchiha, but obviously does not carry the same markings to prove her as such. Her hair is a charcoal black with hints of crimson when shown under the sun’s light. She seems to always fashion a chopped short with simple bangs, haircut; as she finds most fitting. She seems to always wear dark clothing, but an occasional white when the seasons change to summer.

Traits: Toki appears to be a shy girl, or perhaps she simply does not wish to say much. But all in all, she tends to keep to herself. As an academy student, instructors worried about her anti-social traits, and would often force her to take on leadership roles, in order to break that shyness. But this would backfire. Once she took on the role, she wouldn’t hold back and the students would find her too blunt, calling her name “Bossy Toki”. One would notice that she has an interest in weaponry. When other Puppet Ninjas would make human or animal-like puppet, she would focus on making variations of kunai and senbons.

Likes: sparring, learning new skills, looking out at the sea of sands when the sun goes down, helping her family run errands, traveling

Dislikes: large groups of people, tall people that seem to tower over her, rushing into a fight without assessing it, deep fear of silverfish bugs

Abilities: Toki uses a mix of weaponry and kugutsu. She is still figuring out her family's traditional skills, which she may learn at a later date. She is a very smart opponent in combat, and will often use her environment for surprise attacks if needed.

Puppet(s):
Spoiler:

Gifts/Items:
Spoiler:

Tools

Ninja Bag:
Spoiler:

Jutsu(s):
~Academy~
Spoiler:

~Kugutsu~
Spoiler:

Last edited by MShadows on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Toki's Journal   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

The moon casts its glow along the waves of sand just on the outskirts of Suna. Toki travels to the secret place, and lowers herself to the sand. She begins to write strange symbols into the sand, and gradually the sand starts to shift. With a low rumble, a scroll appears. She takes out the scroll and begins to write...

Today I traveled to the Leaf village, with a package for a local shop keeper there. I didn’t think my family would let me go alone; but I think they’re feeling that I am getting stronger from my academy training. When I went there, I saw some other children a little older than me. I decided to spy on them, and see what I could learn before approaching them. But one girl stayed behind the others and looked directly at me. She had pale white eyes with no pupils. But she was clearly not blind from how she talked to the others. I ended up having to leave my hiding spot and act like I was just a normal little kid. I even used a different name. And luckily I had changed into normal local people clothing before entering the village. So she didn’t suspect a thing. Later I learned that she was from the clan Hyuuga. I would have to watch out for their abilities…

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Toki's Journal   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 pm

At the academy my teacher keeps assigning me to leadership positions. It’s annoying. The other kids don’t like me. They call me “bossy toki”, but frankly I don’t care what they think. If they’re going to insult instead of following orders then they will just die in battle. They seem to think being a ninja is like playing a game. But it’s not. It’s harsh, cold, and long journey of training and hardships. But the benefits are amazing, if one is willing to push themselves to get there…

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: ~Toki Mai~   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I traveled to the Leaf village again to pick up some supplies for my family. I got their surprisingly early, so I still had some time left over to wonder the village. I came across a really nice training area. I figured Leaf ninjas used this area to train, but at the time it looked completely empty. So I stretched a bit and began working on basic exercises with my throwing kunai. But then I heard someone behind me. It was a short girl, she looked around my age. She had sort of a demanding nature to her. And started questioning me and where I was from. I opened my mouth to lie, but surprising I just said my real name and that I was simply training.
We passed introductions and then she asked to spar. I felt really excited. This would be my first time sparing another student ninja. And she was a Hyuuga, so I knew I needed to keep on my toes and test what she could do. So I let my excitement subside and focused on testing her abilities. My first move was a test of her inception… would she notice an attack behind another? I threw a kunai at her, which had a thin line of ninja wire attached to it. She noticed the kunai, but not the wire; and it wrapped around her. It was her first mistake. Now I could walk over and attach an exploding tag to her head if I chosen too. But it was a spar, so I released the wire and dragged back my kunai. I focused on just seeing what she could do. So I changed to my defensive stance and waited for her to strike. She threw an open palm at me, and I moved back to dodge the attack. She was fast, but she never hit me. At the end, she seemed frustrated. And it surprised me when she decided the spar was over. But I respected that and just gathered my tools. It was really fun.
I felt like all my academy training is finally paying off!

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: ~Toki Mai~   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Today… I need to write down everything I know.

Anara- nicknamed “Lotus” Ability: Soul Shifting- pulling souls and then allowing their bodies to follow
Michi- hollow voice, woman, strange eyes: repeating circles
Itsuma(sp?)-Abiliy: ghost-like body—my kunai ninja wire went through him, strange pentagram amulet

Rice Country

It seems like they were speaking about a past mission. Probably failed, and interrupted by someone named Ryu. But he was taken care of by Itsuma--.

Now that I have everything written down, I guess I’ll write down what happened.

I was just outside of the Suna gates, attaching my armor and preparing for the long journey to the Leaf Village, when a woman dressed in white walked towards the village. It seemed like the guards were on alert and more were gathering. I was quite a distance away from the gate, so I merely watched from afar. It was strange to see the guards so alert and running all over the place, yelling commands. And then before I could take another breath, the woman in white was in front of me.
All I remember is her crazed smile before feeling as if my heart was being ripped out of my body. Neustria crashed over me and I tumbled to the ground groggily. I felt my whole body chill in a cold fear. I looked around and I was clearly not outside of Suna anymore.
The woman explained that her name was Anara or known as The Lotus. She had a smooth voice and a look on her face, as if I was a cute pet that if she got bored, she could quickly dispose of. But despite the fear I felt, I asked all the questions I could. I asked about her ability, where we were, why I was here, and who she was. What I found out made panic shake my bones.
This woman was someone who could control souls in just a matter of seconds. I felt like I was standing in front of a demon. And suddenly all the training I had endured meant nothing. I thought that this would be my last day. How useless I felt. But I knew I needed to get past this, and start searching for a way out. I knew a boat was around here, it was just a matter of searching for an opportunity to run and remaining calm until that opportunity would arise.
Another figure appeared; he wore a cloak with the only noticeable feature of a strange amulet.

*picture drawn from memory of the amulet*

He startled me and I threw my kunai at him, attached to a ninja wire to keep whoever it was pinned. But I watched as my kunai missed…then I traced the line of my wire and realized it actually went through him! As if this man was a ghost or something. It scared me and mostly confused me. Did he have the same abilities as Anara? Was he simply super fast my eyes deceived me? Or could he really make his body transparent for a moment to let an object slide past his form? My mind kept thinking that I didn’t notice when another person had appeared.
This person was a lot more calm then the others. She seemed deadly and precise. I kept quiet then. I felt that if I asked a question, she would realize my intention of gathering information. But when she spoke, it sounded as if she wasn’t all there. Like as if another person was speaking for her. Her voice hallow and odd. Then I noticed her eyes. They had strange repeating circles.

*draws a picture of her eyes*

From what I understood, they called her Michi. And the man from earlier his name was Itsuma. Then Anara started asking me questions. What was my name? How did I like Suna? I was surprised by how simple the questions were, so I took a gamble. I said my alias name. Ryu Mao. I said the I liked Suna because of its beautiful environment. Simple enough answers, but no true information given. I wasn’t going to let her do any harm to my family or friends. Then she asked; what do you think of the people? I knew this was a chance for her to know who I was close too. So I answered that I didn’t really know very many. She left it at that.
But Michi seemed skeptical. As Itsuma and Anara talked, I felt as if Michi’s repeating eyes were staring right into my soul, and sent chills along its wake. But then Itsuma caught mine and Michi’s attention, as it seemed like Itsuma was talking about a mission, something about how he was almost in control of something, until a person named Ryu stopped him; but Itsuma quickly took care of the problem.
By whole body stiffened, I thought how ironic it was that I had to pick the name “Ryu” for my alias. Michi quickly shot a glance my way and asked; what is she doing here?
I had to act quickly and I explained I wasn’t the Ryu he was talking about. I was Ryu from the Mao family. Luckily my age calmed Michi, I think she truly believed that it would be impossible for me to be that Ryu—which I suppose is true…
Finally Anara got up and offered to take me back to Suna. I was shocked. They weren’t going to kill me? All this fear, was simply just my own and not caused by anything they did? She placed a hand on my shoulder, and I felt the same ripping and tearing, followed by a wave of nausea. We were suddenly just outside of the Suna gates.
The guards anticipated her returning and followed us quietly. I raced to the entrance, not looking behind me, just focused on pushing my legs forward and letting my fear take over to help my legs move faster.
But once I stopped, I saw an unthinkable occurrence.
Everyone seemed to know her.
And my friend, Seo, walked excitedly over to her and they hugged! They acted as if they were long lost old friends! Childhood friends! It was… insulting. Here I had been scared. And there was nothing to be scared about. Sure, she was a missing ninja. Sure, she had extreme power. But should I have feared for my life? My soul?
And yet Seo made it look like this woman look like she had been a friend of the suna village for centuries…
I wanted to know what she knew, that I didn’t. It made me angry. Had I just made a fool of myself? I tried my best to calm my thoughts, taking in meditated breathes and relaxing my muscles. I was defending myself against an unknown stranger… I had to assure myself, repeating that sentence in my mind.
Then six Anbu appeared and Seo leaped back, shielding us in an aura shield. I watched as Anara tore through the bodies of four Anbu and showed her extreme power to all of us. I watched as the other ninjas were amazed in her power, with hungry looks in their eyes. But no one dared to move. No one dared to stand with the Anbu and fight Anara. As the rain trickled down and lightning shook the village, the anbu were being slaughtered. One of them, had to open all of his gates jus to match Anara’s power, and nearly almost killed himself.

For that moment, I was ashamed to be calling myself a Suna ninja.

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Toki's Journal   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

The next day, my anger had taken the best of me. Aky wanted me to train on Wall Walking. But my mind was elsewhere. Part of me did the mechanical steps of learning the technique, while the other was lost in past events. I kept thinking… how can one defend themselves from someone who can control souls? Aky seemed to notice, and told me to just rest and gain strength for tomorrow. So I went home. But I couldn’t rest until I figured out how to beat her. The whole night I piled myself in books, trying to find the secret to her technique. But book after book, I failed. Trying to relax, I pulled out a wooden block and began carving into the wood. Working on something different always seemed to calm my nerves. I was almost finished with the small figure, when Anara’s past words echoed in my mind. “It’s called Soul Shifting…” The wooden figure slipped out of my hands, and my eyes widened.

I know Anara’s weakness.

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Woot!!   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 pm

// Officially a Puppet Ninja! Thank you DM Chiyo!! *huggles*
Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Toki's Journal   Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm

*the next few feet of the scrolls are filled with calculations, notes, quotes of famous philosophers and ninja, detailed drawings, and even a few ripped clippings from books*

I've stayed for three days in the library. Luckily I found that my academy cloak works fine in this situation. And once the library is completely empty and closed, I can gain access to anything I choose. But now I fill like my head is going to explode with all this new information. I've read at least sixty books from front to back, and took notes on.. well... there's too many to count. I'm not sure how much information I'm going to be able to retain after all this. But I did learn something interesting, than everything else. I'll have to do more research though before I can test if my theory is correct.

ugh..
My muscles ache and sleeping on the stone floor isn't helping.
I need to go out and take a walk, maybe train a little.

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: ~Toki Mai~   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 pm

My spar with Mahae was horrible today. My body was slow and stiff from keeping myself locked in the library for so long. While I was strengthening my mind, Mahae has gotten stronger with her skills. I felt very clumsy. I need to learn how to balance my studies along with my training; and keep a normal pace so I don't become so weak during these times. It was frustrating. But I'm sure Mahae was loving it. After the spar, I shrugged it off. Now we are simply, even.

I met a leaf villager boy today. He's the same age as me, but acts ten years younger. He's extremely loud too. But it's interesting by how much spirit he has. I wonder if he'll become as great as he says he will. I helped by signing him into the Leaf Academy, now it would be up to him to push himself to become the best.

Aky gave me more things to study. And I'll need to pull out my old plans and start reworking them.
I have a few new ideas I want to add.

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Toki's Journal   Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I'm worried about my training. Everyday is a new challenge. I can't focus. My mind is a whirlwind of information, calculations, and fear. A fear that touches the core of my body and is beginning to spread anger. I've been pushing it back for such a long time. And yet it is the driving force of my very being. I've been researching and I think I know what to do.

I will no longer be controlled as a weapon. This time, the weapon will be controlled by me.

Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Update   Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm

--- added art ^-^
Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: ~Toki Mai~   Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:25 pm

----Added Puppet, waiting on approval
Back to top Go down
MShadows
Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: ~Toki Mai~   Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 pm

approved-- ^-^ 50 tokens taken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Toki Mai~   

Back to top Go down

~Toki Mai~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War :: Character Biographies :: [OLD] Naruto-verse Biographies-
Jump to: