NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Increased Rank damage?

Go down 
+2
Fragments of Memory
SleepyBot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

Increased Rank damage? Empty
PostSubject: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:33 am

Is it possible to get increased rank damage... I have seen all kinda stuff so I dont see why this is that big of a deal. More so if it follows damage stacking rules .
Back to top Go down
Fragments of Memory
Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am

What he said.
Back to top Go down
Solknight
Special Jounin
Solknight

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:53 am

Thirded. Though I would like to see it personally as a way for Kinjutsu ++/+++ to differentiate itself from regular +Damage. I feel that Kinjutsu with larger penalties doesn't give that much uniqueness- just larger rolls.
Back to top Go down
Pulawski
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:57 am

It would work like bonus damage in every way and form most likely
Back to top Go down
X3naW4rriorPr1ncess
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:20 pm

I'm terrified by the balance implications of this.

2d6 Universal
2d8 for Type
2d10 for Specific

2d6 crits to 4d6 and proccs a second attack of 2d6 = Up to 36 damage from a basic attack
2d10 crits to 4d10 and proccs a second attack of 2d10 = Up to 60 damage from a basic attack

Example assumes you can specialize in basic attacks and take specific crit for a 6-20 crit range
Back to top Go down
Pulawski
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Bonus damage doesn't crit. Neither would this most likely, that is what i meant to sy Razz
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 4:15 pm

So I can have for 3pp 3-20 Crit which is pretty much a free 1d4/1d6/1d8  Bonus damage  on top of the Conditional bonus jp it gives  such would give on techs .  Which is better BY far then getting 1d3-1d3+2 bonus damage . Hmmmmmmm... Okay what if it was like this

Quote :
Basic :Increases base dice rolled but not damage  ( I.E 1d4 = 2d2 , 1d6 = 2d3, 1d8=2d4)
Upgrade I: Increases base dice rolled ( 1d6=2d4 , 1d8=2d5 )
Upgrade II:Increase base dice rolled (1d8=5d2)
Upgrade III:Increase base dice rolled (1d8=4d3)

Note: These slots are level locked  Basic has no level requirement ,  Upgrade I requires level 20 , Upgrade II requires level thirty.
Note: Follows normal stacking rules at 1/2 when applied to other bonus damage

And have it already be set at Type for balance purposes ? Have Tai/Ken  you have to pick one or the other , Elements you have to pick an element .
Back to top Go down
Pulawski
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 5:45 pm

How is it better? d3+2 is average of 4 damage, 3-20 crit range is at level 30+, 4.5 average damage, and we may be adjusting it as time go (As we tend to do).

for 3 PP, bonus damage is better atm for anyone level 29 and below. And there is no conditional bonus JP it would give <.<.
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub
Chuunin
Beelzebub

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm

actually a crit range of 3-20 at level 30 with teh 1d8 base dmg is only an average bonus dmg of 4.05. 4.5 is if you assume you crit every single time, but really you have a 10% chance of not hitting it.

now, that crit range combined with full extra actions and such may be to much, but as is the difference between 1d3+2 and 3-20 crit range in damage, with nothing else in consideration, is negligible.

and considering the guy with bonus dmg instead can still crit, he gets .225 bonus dmg from crits on average thus making it 4.225 average for the bonus dmg guy vs 4.05 for the crit guy.

math
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Quote :
Basic :Increases base dice rolled but not damage ( I.E 1d4 = 2d2 , 1d6 = 2d3, 1d8=2d4)
Upgrade I: Increases base dice rolled ( 1d6=2d4 , 1d8=2d5 )
Upgrade II:Increase base dice rolled (1d8=5d2)
Upgrade III:Increase base dice rolled (1d8=4d3)

Note: These slots are level locked Basic has no level requirement , Upgrade I requires level 20 , Upgrade II requires level thirty.
Note: Follows normal stacking rules at 1/2 when applied to other bonus damage

So what about something along those lines ? If not then what would Increased Base be ? and can techs increase based rank damage?
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 11:21 pm

[Pinging this ]
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:22 am

:Poke:

Since we can up critical damage.How would increased rank work?
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub
Chuunin
Beelzebub

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:55 am

nope nuuh no way, i will throw a protest if up rank damage works. Upping critical multiplier is already a BS way of going past the 50% stacking rule, there doesn't need to be more things that add tons of damage and doesnt count as adding damage for stacking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increased Rank damage?   Increased Rank damage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Increased Rank damage?
Page 1 of 1