NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hakpaks and Size concerns

Go down 
+6
DM Kakuzu
HyperWeapon
Beelzebub
The Senpai
Solknight
Nymphs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nymphs
Special Jounin
Nymphs

Hakpaks and Size concerns Empty
PostSubject: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:59 am

The server basically needs a new hakpak, kymlums not happy with CEP.. cep isn't happy with kymlum.. so kymlum will be modified and accredited, but....

We want something better then kymlum, the big thing is tilesets... there are some sexy forests out there, sexy marshes, sexy villages... and sexy deserts. Basically this topic is for people to express concerns about hakpak sizes and how it effects their playable... how much they are willing to download and deal with, to play naruto...

I was aiming for less then 100 megs or thereabouts of 100 megs, for this you get some nice oriental tilesets, and bits of nice forest

For around another 50 we can add in a bit more... but the real ldeal - making this game seem, not at all the same and so much better comes at 500 megs, 1 gig... 2 gigs.. 3 gigs even up to 5 gigs of content...

So? How far are you all willing to go for naruto? For all seriousness the things presently being considered are around 500 megs total for everything listed to be added. The rest of that would be like really sexy clothing, heads, portraits, totally over the top tilesets and so on, but would that stop anyone from being able to play? I don't know, the staff can't really know so... ya'll need to tell us.

Also download concerns, if you can't do a gig in a day we need to know that too so we can adjust accordingly
Back to top Go down
Solknight
Special Jounin
Solknight

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:06 pm

All of the everything. I want everyone to look different and detailed. MY IMMERSION IS PRICELESS. Mad
Back to top Go down
The Senpai
Special Jounin
The Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:11 pm

I don't think in this era it's much of a problem for the download, at the very least. You could upload the pack to distributors that have multiple servers so people don't have restricted downloads (I.E. Mega, Dropbox, etc.), and not to mention, even people with sluggish PCs shouldn't see a substantial change in performance, because it's only the download size that seems to be an issue, and well.. Considering.. Most people /have/ CEP, which rides on around 2+ GB? It should be fine.

ALSO I NEED MY IMMERSION, THESE BLOCKY HANDS DESTROY IT.
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub
Chuunin
Beelzebub

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:59 pm

as the contender for player with the shitiest internet, I don't care how big it is ultimately, just put the hak up days/week up before the server is changed over to use it that way someone like me isn't barred from the server for days while I fight wiff my internet to finish the download.
Back to top Go down
HyperWeapon
Academy Student
HyperWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Like Boruto said, as long as the download can be gotten from a sensible location, the size shouldn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Scorchys
Academy Student
Scorchys

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:56 pm

More stuff plz.
Back to top Go down
X3naW4rriorPr1ncess
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:14 pm

As long as it's not something stupid like 200 gigs unpacked then there isn't much in the way of limits here.
Back to top Go down
Isobu
Special Jounin
Isobu

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:37 pm

I honestly don't care. I've got more than enough space for a couple additions.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:22 pm

I dont. Its a reasonable concern and i would prefer not to constantly update and fill up my disk. I am limiting my own options at that point too much.

If you truly think its necessary, get that pak. If its just "Hat number 322 reversed" then i dont need 200 MB of space logged up with it. Nor do i wish for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hakpaks and Size concerns   Hakpaks and Size concerns Empty

Back to top Go down

Hakpaks and Size concerns
Page 1 of 1