NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heals too High

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
X3naW4rriorPr1ncess
Genin

Heals too High Empty
PostSubject: Heals too High   Heals too High EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Damage and Healing Jutsu are much too close together considering the uphill struggle that damage has to go through. I assume it's not unfair to say that 50% of attacks are successfully defended against which means healing should at a generous estimate be half as effective in raw output.

Now subjectivity;Changes Suggested

Remove base healing and make the +healing slot better to replace it; there is a reason most of our medics are 1 pp to unlock the Jutsu type and any further investment is in the form of CP Regen or similar hybrid benefits.

Consider adding something to healing to bring it into parity with attacking a living target. Like adding a base DC check of 14 to succeed in combat

Then you have pp investment and fail % parity with attacking. (Need +Med Rolls and +Healing which are bread and butter things damage characters have to take)
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

Heals too High Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heals too High   Heals too High EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:57 pm

Umnmmm... Healing Cant crit and if you want "Healing" as a speciality you have to use another point to do it >.>. And healing gives 1.5 per at specialty .
Back to top Go down
X3naW4rriorPr1ncess
Genin

Heals too High Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heals too High   Heals too High EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 am

At E rank it is 100%
At B rank it is 84%
At S rank it is 72%

At S rank the Chakra cost of failing is so high that an 18% drop in output is more than covered by the guarantee of success.

Back to top Go down
Solknight
Special Jounin
Solknight

Heals too High Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heals too High   Heals too High EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 am

Protip: Try stunning someone (or having your team do it with you! YAY TEAM) before finishing them off with your omega S++ Rank beam of death.
Back to top Go down
pristinelocus
Genin

Heals too High Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heals too High   Heals too High EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 am

Here is an example of what a character is fully quite capable (and is) capable of doing at lvl 20 

Note that the (1d3 +1) is the 3 PP bonus damage slot towards X:

Basic Attack ~ 0 CP = (1d6 +1d3 +1) = Average of about 6.5 Damage and with crit (another 1d6) would be about 10 Damage

most people have this combined combined with:

Secondary Attack ~ 0 CP, 1 Round Cooldown = (1d4 + 1 + 1d3 +1 ) = 6.5 average and with crit about 9 Damage 

This is to more or less reiterate Sleepy's point. 

That's on average, about 19 damage dumped on one person for 0 CP. The average of a fully specced C-Rank Medical Ninjutsu (1d6 + 1d6)= Would be 7 damage at 4 CP. Of course you can factor in other such things such as slots but even the highest grade achievable at this point that only brings the CP cost to 3. 

Overall, I would have to say damage is higher and intentionally made so because there is that chance to hit. As opposed to healing which always hits. Even if the hit rate for attacks is indeed 50%, a medical nin has to waste considerable amounts of resources to patch someone up after an attack. Not to mention the amount of resources he/she has to spend in order to attack or defend. 

I would welcome any sort of counterargument of course since I only have so much information on me. (Considering I'm not even part of the staff).

Addendum: And solknight does have a point. One stun, and boom a person can be almost geek'd almost instantly. And healing would not even save a person a person at that point. (It would but one such power runs upwards to about 20 cp iirc.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heals too High Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heals too High   Heals too High Empty

Back to top Go down

Heals too High
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War :: General :: Q&A Forum (Dedicated to SleepyBot~)-
Jump to: