NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sumikos Suitors (Private)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

Sumikos Suitors (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:40 am

OOC

This Posting is devoted to those seeking to officially court Takara Sumiko and to meet the family of the Takara, the Renegades from Iwagakure. This is neither a race nor a contest. The Takara-family will meet any Suitors at different dates to get to know them and to judge them by their own merits.
Eventually, far in the future, the Family will choose if any of the Suitors may marry the daughter of the Takara. Simply being in this is neither a contest nor a guarentee that someone will get her hand.

Currently, official Suitors are:
Shiori Takeyama
Ichirou Kishida

With following attachments:
Rin Kishida (In Ichirou Kishidas company)

Any of these players may act and post freely in this under certain caviats:
First: They are not here -together-. I just dont bother to make several different threats.
Second: They can have taken with them any extended family as they see fit. If those are PC-characters of other players, please state so in the first post. Those characters are fully allowed to act as if they were with their respective kin.

Some things to consider for the traditionalists:
-Exchanging of gifts
-The Takara are not an official Clan in the Land of Fire, but a well-to-do Family of Craftsmen/Artists
-Bride Price or Dowry
-Longwinded speeches/ceremonies
-Straight-up bribes or promises
-Titles/Owning of Land/Political Power

Next post will be the description of the mansion and any people to be found there. Afterwards, anyone can start. Remember: no two suitors ever meet.
The list will be updated if anyone makes an actual official request to be considered a gentleman suitor for the young Takara girl.

Last edited by whydoyouevenbother on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:40 am

Sumikos Suitors (Private) Japane11

The Artists Dream
Nestled into a corner at the edge of the city, the Mansion of the Takara-family stands rather modest initially. Beatifully decorated from the outside and the Gate flanked by statues of two exotic animals, the family-name stands almost shyly nestled as if not to offend the work of art surrounding it.

The Door is opened by a young girl in ceremonial robes, who would bow to any guests and bring them into the first room to enter. She would bid them to wait with kind, practiced words. This young child would gently listen to the inquiry, introducing herself as Takara Hana. Without ever letting her eyes wander away from the honored guests, she sits under a large, calligraphed phrase which hangs inside the room.
Every Art is Love
The artistic value of the Calligraphy is remarkable. An evaluation would put this at a high price if sold to a noble. Yet, this seems to simply hang in an elsewise unremarkable room where a young girl makes smalltalk with guests.
Without ever leaving the room or seemingly gaining any news from the back, the girl would bow deeply and then rise, mentioning that the guests would now be recived. A few minutes have passed. It seemed shorter due to the girls conversation skills and open nature.
She opens the rooms door to the back to Heaven. Or so a first impression could fool. A beautifully lighted room with pictographs along the wall. All sorts of drawings in styles differently, yet sorted to shift gently. The themes vary: A battle between two great armies. A woman playing Sanshin, the colours almost fading from the age of the masterpiece. A man dancing in a thunderstorm with a sword raised with both hands, laughing as if to challenge the elements. A woman washing her hair, carefully turned so her beautiful body is not seen in its fullness.
While the walls are filled with the galleries, the room itsself is simple, but worth of a host of nobility. The stage of the head of the family gently raised in front of a table. The man has a round, bald face with an impressive moustache. The woman next to him seems his direct opposite, her hair wonderfully arranged and reaching surely several feet in length if she were to undo it.
The young girl, Hana, will introduce the guests to Takara Ashan, Sumikos father. Anyone meeting the eyes of the man would be suprised how piercing they are in comparison to his jovial face. Ashan would give the feintest of bows and invite his guests to join him for Tea.
Behind one of the pictures the frame of a woman is to see as music fills the room, decoring the background without being penetrating. Instead, the full notes seem to vibrate and linger in the room. Hana moves to the side of the table, pouring tea and justly offering it forth and back before giving it to Ashan first, then the oldest guest.

Ashan stays silent for awhile, listening to the girl Hana as she, perfectly, recollects every single word said by the guests during their introduction. He opens a fan and comfortably pushes air into his direction while he considers. This man is lord of his own household and would be fitting to assume the role of any noble with his demeanour. He seeks to impress, but he does not do so impolitely.
Back to top Go down
Zapotec
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Walking down the road towards the manor of Takara family, short and whispy woman was not much to look at in first glance... until not so subtle things started to be apparent. Surely, having bright red hair set her apart from most people around her. And colorful kimono with tiger print decorum on it was also rather striking against the backdrop. But most distinguishing feature was her walk. It was determined and with strong purpose, showing off that beyond puny looking exterior, there was fire hard to extinguish. Her name was Kanon Takeyama, and she was on a mission for her family. She was to hand over a scroll she carried inside a pretty lacquered bamboo box, as a token gift from one family to another, and to answer any questions they might have about her own. And the son who decided to start courting their young girl.

She would pass the main gate and walk up to the terrace, taking off her sandals and offering a soft knock on the wide, well painted doors.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 11:46 am

Zapotek

Holding eye-contact with Takara Ashan was a suprisingly difficult task. The man had a piercing gaze when he did not hide such under a smile; "Great Lady of the Takeyama-clan, you honor our family to have come all this way." The words were spoken by Ashan as Hana, the little girl, was pouring Tea attentively and with the skill of someone three times her age. "This is Nalya, my little wife and mother of our moonlit Star, Sumiko." Nalya, if anything, is at best bemused by the moniker of little, given that she, as a tall woman, should be about the same height as her much stockier husband. The inquisitive and unbroken gaze she gives to the guest could almost be considered rude under other circumstances.
She could strike Kanon as a trophy-wife or a lewd woman even; Beauty and intelligence combined which may have influence over her husband in many ways subtle or not as she allowed him to adress their guest while she just... stared.
Ashan was carrying on to give flowery words about the Takeyama and their greatness.
"...But i chatter and albeit it would take many days to list up all the qualities of your honored House, Lady of the Takeyama-clan, it would be most rude of me to make you listen to my rambling." A rambocious laugh by Ashan, a politely amused and apologising smile by his wife. Ashans face becomes relaxed and soft and he fans air.
"The young Scion Shiori of your Clan has been smitten by my young Daughter, it seems."

Presents are not mentioned by the Takara at this point. The tea is, if drunk, very delicious. Hana sits attentively with her head cast down as if she were a servant waiting for an order. If she has any curiousity, she is hiding it well. It is not uncommon for a younger daughter to show such attentive and demure skill when treating guests, it is only her young age which makes it noteworthy: She has good self-control, neither fidgeting nor emberassing herself or her family in any way.
Back to top Go down
Zapotec
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Kanon would listen to man's platitudes on behalf of her family, not breaking the eye contact, her own gaze being rather stubborn in refusal to show weakness even before someone twice her size and girth. Her posture in seating would be textbook example of polite bearing. However, unruly hair and bright colors of her outfit would again stand out showing her more open nature.

"Honoured lord of Takara, you flatter us with knowledge of our small house and its exploits, however you will have to let me return words in kind... "
- and with that, Kanon would proceed to list Takara's craftsmanship and artistry related exploits and end them with comment about their daughter's exemplary service to the village and Hokage, praising her strength, bravery and care for the comrades.

"However, as much as exchange of awareness of our respective skills has underlined how our families might feel and understand each other, I have came with more than mere words." - she would bow low, forehead to her crossed palms on the floor, and then put forth the lacquered box.

"First of my offers is this gift made by joint skill of Takeyama family. I have grown all materials required to produce it, my dear husband has made the box and scroll inside, and our son who seeks to bind our families has composed and written the verses upon it." - she would smile widely and kindly for a moment. The box itself would contain a large scroll made from fine cloth, upon it in fine green ink, skilled caligraphic text would carry very simple poem.

"A crescent witness
holding its pale light in waves
night of solitude
On the edge of deep woods
the distance between; lands waits"

"Second thing that we offer is, despite of the possible courtship outcome, is strong alliance between our houses. We understand your plight and situation as newcomers to the village, but also we recognize your strength and versatility as master craftsmen. Therefore, we would offer to share our own reputation with that of honorable Takara." - she would pause and ponder for a moment sipping some tea - "Our family's credo is to bend with the wind but never break. As bamboo tends to act. However... that is easier to claim than do without strong and reliable soil to share bond with. In name of Takeyama family, I would beseech you to, should such be considered desirable, be our foundation, so we can both grow together, to awe and amazement to any onlooker." - this would be followed by another bow and producing of contract like scroll offering the oath she has spoken to the other family.

As her offerings are presented, she would sit back contently, gazing in large man's eyes, stubborn and defiant despite the piercing attempts, waiting for response to her case.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:22 am

Zapotec

Ashan was well-pleased. "Please, i am a mere craftsman. You give me too much honor." But even more pleased he is with the gift received. He reads carefully and with trained hand, eyes lingering on the box and the woodwork before he laughs.
"Dream of Vanity. I should be careful else i be enraptured by her intellect." He speaks those words to his wife, who remains her composure much better than him and eyes Kanon still while Ashan stands up and moves only a few feet with suprising elegance for a stocky, heavyset man. He does not withdraw, instead pulling a wallpiece aside and reaching inside, pulling canvas from it and moving back to offer it to Kanon with an almost brutish lack of fanfare, his eyes for these moments smiling with his mouth.
"From my hand to the Takeyama-clan." The Painting is unique. The brushstrokes are wonderful, aligning. Yet, it seems to have been made almost seemlessly, the colours flowing together to give the picture of Bamboostalks bending underneath a sky wreathed in fire. The simplicity of it, at the level of mastery it is made, would bring tears to the eyes of many who love the arts.
He sits down with his wife who gently reaches out and touches his arm as if to calm him as he smiles still and takes Tea. When he has settled again, he rubs his chin and twirls his moustache to consider her words, much more like a trader than the Lord he potrayed a little while ago. He remains silent, drinking tea. The music does not miss a beat.
His wife has taken the Scroll from Kanon and has opened it to read, whispering to her husband with her mouth hidden behind her sleeve. Then Ashan speaks with authority.
"An alliance between our families: A clan and a family of craftsmen, can hardly be on equal grounds. The Takara would be seen the lesser in this, clinging to a firm name of noble descent. And while Bamboo reaches high and tall to the amazement of all, the Earth which nurishes it is often forgotten beneath.
Either way.... would we not make it seem as if our families, both not rooted far in the Leaf, seek to align and shut themselves off from the Leaf, preferring company from outside above that of these firmly rooted?"

Kanon would recognise that this is not an immediate dismissal. It comes to trading now, to exchange words, offerings and whichever else to sway his opinion from such a step, the proposed Marriage forgotten for now, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Zapotec
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 6:15 am

Kanon would happily take the gift presented and after giving it few more careful thoughts, sets it aside to be packed for transport later, and then ponders man's words, stance and verbal parry.

"Your gift honours us, and puts ours to merely gaze in envy, master Ashan. It will be treasured greatly and displayed prominently in our reception hall." - small woman would smile in kind manner common to her household, first to master then to his wife.

"As to our offer, I would have to agree with part of your assessment of my metaphor offered. And I will offer apology if such was seen as offensive. However intent was not such." - she would shift slightly in her seat and adjust her crescent type glasses, before taking sip of the tea daintily and with proper procedure

"Takeyama family does not convey words or a status of a clan in the village at this moment. We are but three strong, not counting our tiger allies, and our saving grace is our service to the village as shinobi and artisans. However, in eyes of the village we are firmly rooted as one of founding families as my husband's father arrived here during great war and has helped Uchiha and Hyuuga banish back the Senju." - she would sigh for a moment.

"If our numbers join and our skill pool increases, so would our combined power and respect, and trough that village and eventually country would see full potential. Additionally, your daughter shows for a fact that your family is capable of producing potential shinobi without a doubt. Eventually I suspect our respective families would grow self sufficient enough to stand alone to rival other great houses of the village. But for now, we could both reach that goal quicker united. With our knowledge, your members who wish to join shinobi profession could reach positions of respect quicker. And with your skills at disposal, we could learn how to do other tasks to serve the village if one shows lack of promise for shinobi profession." - she pauses again before speaking, her expression changing from fully professional to more familiar one.

"Reason we are offering this aside from benefits of reputation and power is also to support our only heir in his quest as a suitor. We do not wish to come across as mere upstart house thinking only of temporary gain to be gained or if rebuked, raise nose high and walk away. We offer our friendship in all its depth because cause is either committed to fully or left alone. The words and offers are only thing I can present myself. I might even answer questions if there are any held ready. But in matter of courtship, this is as far as I can go without my son standing up for himself before you. A thing he will do shortly if such would be permitted."

Woman would sit straight again, having finished her slightly rambly speech, obviously being highly passionate about things she does, and emotions that are risen. And simply waits for the response of the large man.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 am

Zapotec

Ashan accepts her words regarding the gift with a grateful inclination of his head and an honest smile: As much as he is in command, words about his skill in the arts will reach him and he is not above liking to hear them.
He listens to her speech, following both it and the whispers of his wife before he considers with an extended twirl along his mustache before he speaks.
"Every Takara is an artist." The words seem to be somber as he tries to explain his point of view while his wife eyes Kanon again. "Our highest goal is not to become Shinobi. Our moonlit Star, Sumiko, chose to become a Kunoichi for many reasons. Since her choice was reached freely, it only saddens me that she does not further pursue any of a dozen arts she could have mastered easily with her abilities. To be Shinobi is her choice and must never be a goal higher to pursue than that of an artist." The last words are uncommonly firm so that even little Hana raises her head to glance at Ashan momentarily.

Ashan continues more gentle after a few moments. "Any child you wish, should our daughter and your heir not marry, will be accepted in tutelage amongst the Takara. The choices shall be theirs to make, the education as broad and as diverse as i would give one of my own family. Those are the skills the Family of the Takara offers to you, Lady of the Takeyama. I will recive them with Friendship and Love as if they were my own and educate them amongst my kin as equals." At this, Nalya would incline her head ever so slightly to Kanon, showing that it was her influence which made her husband make such an offer.

"However..." Ashan continues almost regretfully. "If our children marry and, so the gods will, conceive children, they will be raised in our household. Not to alienate them, please understand, but simply because such is our tradition. Our Family was built upon this and must not falter this tradition. They would freely see you whenever they wish and i would want them to know and learn from you. But their minds and education shall be in the care of the Takara-household. The choice where to go with their life will be their own once they are of age."
Ashan fans himself for a few seconds before he continues.
"Can this be accepted?"
At this point, it seems haggeling has begun in earnest. Terms are being dictated while Tea is drunk.
It stings hard. With only a single son to their name, the Takeyama are doomed to die out as a clan-name if such an offer is accepted unchallenged.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:42 am

Kakazu & Anzu

"Welcome, welcome!" Ashan seems delighted to receive the two when they are brought towards him and he smiles broadly. "I am so glad that our paths cross, finally. Your reputation preceeds you, Master Shiro of the honorable Kishida!
And i see that you have brought with you a bright light to shine with us as the Young Lady Rin has accompanied you. Welcome, child, welcome.
This is Nalya, my little wife."

Were it not for his eyes, too focused and too piercing, one may assume that he is exallerated to see them as he motions for them to take Tea with him.
"Master Shiro, we must be friends immediatly. You are a man i respect greatly." He demands with a smile and a twinkle in his eye.
Nalya, albeit smiling politely and bowing her head correctly, seems to read their every movement and gesture like a hawk would watch its prey.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Kakazu & Anzu

There is a certain uncomfortable silence when the Chef produces the secret from the chest. Hana looks up and all three of the Takara look at the Golden Phoenix, each enraptured.
Ashan breaks the spell when he slides his fan apart and fans himself, allowing the females to go back to finding their composure.
"Master Shiro...." He takes his time, thinking over the next words. "That you offer this memory and memento of your great clan to us is the greatest of Honors." He actually manages to bow in his seat, his wife dutifully following him in the gesture before they both sit back properly.
"But i can not, in any good conciousness, accept it. This is the Phoenix of the Kishida. Its symbol of survival and rebirth, of everlasting vigilance and duty. Of strength surpassing and mysteries unraveled.
It is not for our Family to own. If our children were to combine in marriage, mayhaps...
But until this is done, i will not accept this priceless gift which has no equal."

It is surprising how firm Ashan is. This is not am empty gesture, being offered a gift several times. His gaze, almost serene, says that he will never acknowledge to take such a wonderful gift from the the Kishida. He desires it, but he will not take it.
After a moment, Ashan laughs and shakes his head.
"You are an extraordinary man, Master Shiro. We must be friends now or else my life shall be unfullfilled. It is not an easy task to startle a whole room full of Takara and you have accomplished just that!"
He seems to find incredible joy in that fact and raises his teacup in greeting and admiration to the tall man, then drinks from it in a large gulp to the health of the chef.
"Now, tell me about your son who seems to have fallen head over heels for our moonlit star, Sumiko."

He wants to obviously get away from the whole "gift-giving". Shiro has suprised him and blindsided him by offering a gift of such value which Ashan could not match if he wanted to. So he honors the gesture and will press on to gloss over the emberassment. Nalya watches like a hawk both the girl and the man.
Hana stays silent and fills tea of the guests and her family.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Kakazu & Anzu

Each of the Takara listens dutifully, Ashan again being the only one speaking: "A dutiful child then! Most prestigious and blessed in many ways. One can not be ashamed of a son so blessed with many talents. But..."
He stops for a moment, fanning himself. "How, My Friend, could i give my daughters hand in marriage to a man so cursed? She is bound to become a widow according to your own words and, if children would ever develop from such, would this horrible curse not also touch them and give them an a life in shining brightness, but snuffed out too soon like a candle too bright?"
He takes tea, mayhaps to blunt the words he just spoke, smacking his lips for a few moments before he continues softer.
"You say he may be the one to break this curse.... How? My daughter only told me that he is afraid of loosing himself. To be with her gives him strength. I commend that. But she can not be his crutch in a battle he must overcome himself."

Anyone not staring at Ashan may realise that those are the words of his Wife whispering to him behind her sleeve.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Kakazu & Anzu

Ashan listens for a bit, then he looks down for a moment, as if to consider before he looks up to look at Shiro straight:
"If you die without your son fully established and succesful on his quest or not, if the marriage he so desires does not happen, would you wish me to adopt him, Friend?"
For him, there seems to be no meaning other than an honest offer which Ashan, it seems, takes both seriously and as an honor of sorts.
Back to top Go down
whydoyouevenbother
Special Jounin
whydoyouevenbother

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 am

Kakazu & Anzu

"Tell your Son, my friend, i have come to a decision. He must do three things in a timeline of a year and as such win favour. Until this year has drawn to a close, my daughter shall remain unmarried to others.
First, he must win favour and acknowledgement to draw monetary fan and support a family for a year without incident. I shall wish to record his economic capabilities with your and his paperwork. This will be so i know if he is capable and shall not squander money on drink, women and gambling with intelligent planning. Tell him to handle his money intelligently and diligently will be one third of his task.

Ashan fans himself as he continues.
"Second, he will safe the life of my friend and his father, Shiro, and banish the curse of the Kishida for Generations to come.
His voice is cold as he says so, then he snaps the fan together.
"Third, he will come here and present his art before this family. Whatever he chooses he will face a Takara in three challenges, one chosen by himself, one chosen by me and one chosen by Sumiko. This he can do whenever he wishes."

The Takara fall silent and so does the music falter. Ashans face betrays nothing. Hanas face looks concerned and Nalya smiles smug superior behind a fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sumikos Suitors (Private)   Sumikos Suitors (Private) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sumikos Suitors (Private)
Page 1 of 1