NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) Empty
PostSubject: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 pm

So I have a question . When it comes to elements you can spend three pp and get  free techs ? or is it more to it then that ?

I.E

Jikodo Sand Release
Core Ability

Base I: Gain Sand Element and Earth OR Wind Element. Choose 2 Specialites for Sand. Ask me for List. 1xE Rank Sand Jutsu, 1xE Rank Wind OR Earth Jutsu.
Upgrade I: 1xD Rank Wind OR Earth Jutsu, 1xD Rank Sand Jutsu.
Upgrade II: 1xC Rank Wind OR Earth Jutsu, 1xC Rank Sand Jutsu.
Note: User must take the other Element (Earth OR Wind) as there Base Element.
Note: Sand Specialties are HP DR and Bonus to Rolls
Note: Jikodo are assumed to carry a gourd of sand to power techniques or create sand from rock at higher levels.

Gift of the Hermit Group
Core Ability
This special chakra is usually reserved for the discipline and devotion of monks. However, the lineage and tradition of the Anja allow for their clan to achieve and master it with easy. It gives them access to unique Yang Release techniques that complement their spiritually powerful chakra. Their Yang techniques manifest as glistening, opalescent limbs, as if a divine beings loomed over the user; attacking with incorporeal appendages, weapons or trappings involved in spiritual rituals. Their forms glow with a pale light as they preform them.

Base I: Gain access to Yang Release. Specialties are Damage and DR Ignore. Gain 1 E-rank and 2 D-ranks of Yang Release.
Upgrade I: Gain 2 C-ranks of Yang Release
Upgrade II: Gain 1 B-rank and 1 A-Rank of Yang Release
Note: Yang Release consumes one of the two natural elements that the character usually gets.

So if some one was to just request the "basic" they could just make the other techs themselves ? or does taking those extra two points of PP have a purpose?(other then free techs) AND ...If so what would it look like for some one that took fire or one of the basic elements?
Back to top Go down
DM Sakumo
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 8:06 pm

If I'm understanding this correctly - and the Mechanics team can correct me if they like, this is how it works.

Everyone starts with one traditional element. You can then spend 1 pp to unlock another element and 1xE + 2xD specialized jutsu for that element. OR you can spend 1 pp to unlock TWO elements and acquire 1xE + 1xD jutsu for each. This element may be a 'new' element [requires that you already have two elements], or just another traditional element.

The traditional elements listed under the Jutsu Creation rules have specific specialties that cannot be changed. Unlocking Yin or Yang jutsu for your character allows you to adjust those specialties how you wish - representing that Yin and Yang function differently for everyone. Unlocking a brand new element also allows you to adjust those specialties how you wish.

In the above example, with the Jikodo: the Jikodo is paying 1 pp to unlock two elements [Sand, and either Earth OR Wind, one of which is covered by the initial element you start with] as well as 1xE and 1xD techniques for both Sand AND whatever element they unlock.

In the case of the Anju [Gift of the Hermit Group], the Anju is paying 1 pp to unlock ONE element [which they can apply a specialty to, because Yin and Yang do not have listed specialties - in this instance, they are choosing Damage and DR Ignore], as well as 1xE and 2xD techniques for that element.

The additional upgrades allow you to make more custom techniques for that element.

I BELIEVE that the custom techniques you make do not need to be paid for in RP Tokens - but I could be wrong. They still need to be learned, like other techniques.
Back to top Go down
Kankuro
Jounin
Kankuro

Location : One String to rule them all, One String to find them. One String to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 8:19 pm

^ Mostly good! Save one thing. When you unlock an element with pp you get to choose the specialties. Shinobi A's Earth style may not be the same as Shinobi B's.
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Alrite dumb question , but I have to ask . So taking the other Two points just gives you a few free customs or do you -have- to take those slots to make customs of those ranks ?
Back to top Go down
DM Ayame
Special Jounin
DM Ayame

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:33 pm

SleepyBot wrote:
Alrite dumb question , but I have to ask . So taking the other Two points  just gives you a few free customs or do you -have- to take those slots to make customs of those ranks ?

You have to take at least 1PP in any core ability slot, you don't have to buy it fully. So if your clan has only 1 core slot, you only have to invest 1PP in the core slot, the rest can be custom if you wish.
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 5:55 pm

Kankuro wrote:
^ Mostly good! Save one thing. When you unlock an element with pp you get to choose the specialties. Shinobi A's Earth style may not be the same as Shinobi B's.

How does this work for standard Jutsu? Standard Earth is HP DR/Crit Range. If my Earth is Damage/Crit Range, can I still learn the standards?

Another question on top of that: If I had a 'custom' Earth, am I restricted to Regular Specialities only, or do I get one Regular and one Rare?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )   QUESTION About Slots ( Elements ) Empty

Back to top Go down

QUESTION About Slots ( Elements )
Page 1 of 1