NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the NarutoVerse: The Great Shinobi War Neverwinter Nights Server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing

Go down 
+5
Zapotec
SleepyBot
Cassanova
Beelzebub
Sarada Uchiha
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarada Uchiha
Special Jounin
Sarada Uchiha

The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing Empty
PostSubject: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:20 pm

We will always try our best to clarify and patch up any issues with the rules. However with any new system, it's always a bumpy ride. Please post any missing bits, issues and questions. Any Available Mechanic, DM or Admin are happy to help!
Back to top Go down
Sarada Uchiha
Special Jounin
Sarada Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Please Note: I am Currently Revising Stealth System for presentable Forum Post.
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub
Chuunin
Beelzebub

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:03 pm

is there any plans to create standard light/dark jutsu. if not is the fact that slots gaining those elements replace your standard free element going to change? you have to pay pp to get them like custom elements/acn, but unlike those you lose your free standard element(at least the one example of gaining just light/yang i've seen). If it isn't the case that it should replace your free element then i need to know that as well.
Back to top Go down
Cassanova
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:14 pm

kain delvin wrote:
is there any plans to create standard light/dark jutsu. if not is the fact that slots gaining those elements replace your standard free element going to change? you have to pay pp to get them like custom elements/acn, but unlike those you lose your free standard element(at least the one example of gaining just light/yang i've seen). If it isn't the case that it should replace your free element then i need to know that as well.

This is a good point. The Anju's bloodline was created a while before we had the rules in for how our purchased elements more solidified. I will Bring this up for review and see if we will look at removing that note under the Anju core! Will contact you once I know more.
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub
Chuunin
Beelzebub

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:48 pm

thanks. much love <3
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 12:07 am

1. What does specified secondary pools do .

I.E: Secondary accessible CP Pool. X Start/X Regen(Pool)/X Cap. No Level Bonus to CP.
This is general and applies to everything .

So what would that get if it was'nt speficed

2. What is the max stealth / detect bonus ?

3 Is this a typo or not ?

to next jutsu
1 pp + 1 target2 pp
2 targets to next jutsu
3 pp + 3 targets to next jutsu

Why do I ask ? because people are prety much saying no to say + 2 pp but this trait alone gives a free 2-4 ( Or more in some cases )
Back to top Go down
Zapotec
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 1:29 am

I would like explanation on how the stacking DOT works for jutsu/slot combos.
Back to top Go down
Zetsu
Jounin
Zetsu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:58 am

SleepyBot wrote:
1. What does specified secondary pools do .

I.E: Secondary accessible CP Pool. X Start/X Regen(Pool)/X Cap. No Level Bonus to CP.
This is general and applies to everything .

So what would that get if it was specific?

A bonus effect like immune to CP Damage attacks.

2. What is the max stealth / detect bonus ?

There is none. Stacking rules apply.

3 Is this a typo or not ?  

to next jutsu  
1 pp   + 1 target2 pp
2 targets to next jutsu
3 pp  + 3 targets to next jutsu

Why do I ask ? because people are prety much saying no to say + 2 pp but this trait alone gives a free 2-4  ( Or more  in some cases )

Where is this from?
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 3:01 am

My character has a Sand Kekkei Genkai, which is Earth/Wind.

If I have a trait to give a bonus to Earth (damage, +hit, etc), does that also apply to Sand?

Likewise, if someone had a Kekkei Genkai which is a Fire/Kenjutsu style, would bonuses to either Fire or Kenjutsu also apply to this?

Finally! What about the other way around? If a Jutsu gives 2 HP DR against Earth, does that also apply to Sand?
Back to top Go down
SleepyBot
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 3:08 am

S7: Web of Threads
2pp
Katsuo is easily capable of extending his reach with thread jutsu for all purposes.
Base: 1 additional target for thread jutsu (max 2 targets).
Upgrade 1: 2 additional targets for thread jutsu (max 3 targets).
Back to top Go down
Zetsu
Jounin
Zetsu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 5:32 am

SleepyBot wrote:
S7: Web of Threads
2pp
Katsuo is easily capable of extending his reach with thread jutsu for all purposes.
Base: 1 additional target for thread jutsu (max 2 targets).
Upgrade 1: 2 additional targets for thread jutsu (max 3 targets).

Do you mean that this Slot gives the equivalent of +JP? Yes, in a way. But only to a single thing. +JP is more powerful because it can be applied to anything. When you start mixing in Specialities with that +2 JP becomes extremely powerful. That is why +2 JP is a Grade 4 Slot and +1 JP is a Grade 3 Slot.
Back to top Go down
Zetsu
Jounin
Zetsu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 5:35 am

AppleNCinnamon wrote:
My character has a Sand Kekkei Genkai, which is Earth/Wind.

If I have a trait to give a bonus to Earth (damage, +hit, etc), does that also apply to Sand?

Likewise, if someone had a Kekkei Genkai which is a Fire/Kenjutsu style, would bonuses to either Fire or Kenjutsu also apply to this?

Finally! What about the other way around? If a Jutsu gives 2 HP DR against Earth, does that also apply to Sand?

We are actually working on this.

The current plan looks like all ACN/Tota/Styles/Specials will have to declare a Type....that will be used for HP DR Pierce etc etc.

Example:

You have Sand Kekkei Genkai. You can declare it is either Earth or Wind for the purposes of people making DR Against it. This will be declared on the ACN and apply to all of its jutsu. 

We are doing up a list of this for Styles/Specials such as:

Speed (Hyuuga Style an example)
Strength
Mechanical (Puppets, other interesting ones)
Animal (Summons/Pets/Bugs)
Steel (Weapon based Styles)

This will all be added soon. I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 5:42 am

Thanks, that makes sense!
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:47 pm

I have a question about +rolls.

I take a trait which gives +1 to Ninjutsu Discipline rolls.

If I attack someone with Ninjutsu, I add +1 to the final roll.

If I defend with Ninjutsu, do I always add +1 to my final roll there, too? I've heard conflicting things.
Back to top Go down
Zetsu
Jounin
Zetsu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Yes on Slots. On Jutsu there are values for Attack and Defence.
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:08 am

Do you ever gain more than 5 Base Learning Points, or is that it? I notice some journals list more than 5, so maybe I missed a rule somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Isobu
Special Jounin
Isobu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 am

All characters have a base of 5 LP; each character ALSO has 'Heaven Points' and 'Earth Points'; Earth Points reflecting a character's ability to learn and utilize Physical Techniques; Heaven being Ninjutsu/Genjutsu/Etc. These are calculated as Earth Points = Highest Mod (Str/Dex/Con) Divided by 2 (Rounded Down); Heaven Points are calculated as = Highest Mod (Wis/Int/Cha) Divided by 2 (Rounded Down). Earth Points can be allocated into learning Tai/Ken and Heaven Points can be allocated into learning Ninjutsu/Genjutsu/Etc. They also replenish each day with LP.
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 am

Yep, know that part! I'm specifically talking about the 5 base LP, not Heaven or Earth Points.
Back to top Go down
Isobu
Special Jounin
Isobu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:16 am

Than no, LP will always remain at 5 unless changed in the future. Any 'Bonus' LP may be given to a player if being taught by a DM and they feel the role-play needed to be rewarded. Which is usually only 1 LP at most.
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:18 am

Probably worth someone making some kind of clarification post on the learning system, then. I think that's some confusion going on over a few parts of it.
Back to top Go down
Isobu
Special Jounin
Isobu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:51 am

Any examples? May help DMs find where the problem lies and remedy it.
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks for the post, Sarada!

Guess I'll go again. How does HP Degen work, exactly? Is it a duration-based debuff? There's values for both slots and Jutsu, but only for how much it inflicts. It doesn't mention a duration. Likewise, it's on Hatake standard slots but a duration isn't mentioned there either.
Back to top Go down
X3naW4rriorPr1ncess
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 7:02 am

Sarada wrote:
Addendum (Dice Fight Rules): Critical Hits always deal 2x Base Damage, and never include bonus damage.

This doesn't say if the base is rolled twice.

Most problematic it implies if you have bonus damage from jutsu or power you lose it when you crit. Which is silly? I assume what it means is you add the base damage again but don't double anything else?

Bonus Attack Roll

You roll twice? Or get a second attack?

If you miss you can optionally roll again and get base damage reduced to what is stated?

or you can always make a second attack at reduced amount? (double bonuses in this case?)

If you multicast are all bonuses added twice? Cat you 'multicast' a Taijutsu?
Back to top Go down
AppleNCinnamon
Genin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 pm

AppleNCinnamon wrote:
Guess I'll go again. How does HP Degen work, exactly? Is it a duration-based debuff? There's values for both slots and Jutsu, but only for how much it inflicts. It doesn't mention a duration. Likewise, it's on Hatake standard slots but a duration isn't mentioned there either.

There's still this lingering, if someone doesn't mind. I was also a bit confused about the Medical discipline. It's a discipline, but according to this topic, it has specialties. Does that mean I can make plain 'Medical Jutsu' without any element and have the Healing/Negative Removal specialties applied? If the answer to this is "no", then...

DescriptionJP CostBaselineSpecialtyNotes
Healing
N/A
Heals HP Damage

What does N/A mean? That I can't make healing medical jutsu unless I have an element with a Healing speciality?
Back to top Go down
Zapotec
Special Jounin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Correct. Or you could purchase acess to Medical jutsu chart (to be added I think)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing   The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Thread of HELP Rules are Vague/Confusing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next